Grab all the details of the retired German IFBB professional bodybuilder Markus Ruhl’s workout routine and diet plan and learn about how he built his massive physique.
Markus Ruhl was born on February 22, 1972, in Darmstadt, Germany. He started working out when he was 18 years, following the doctor’s recommendation after suffering a knee injury while playing football.
Since then, Markus Ruhl has gone forward to becoming one of the most celebrated bodybuilders of all time. The gigantic physique he used to bring on stage not only excited his fans but also frightened his competitors.
But the question that remains amongst most of his fans is how did Markus Ruhl build such a massive physique?
Well, if you’re one of his fans with the same question then you’re on the right post because we will be revealing everything about Markus Ruhl’s workout routine and diet plan. Just keep reading.
Markus Ruhl’s Stats
Height: 178 cm – 5’ 10”
Weight: 130 kg – 286 pounds
Age: 25 years old
Birthday: 22nd of February, 1972
Accolades: Night of Champions, Winner, 2002
Markus Ruhl’s Workout Routine
I think we can all agree on this, Markus Ruhl is a muscle monster and to build such a physique takes a lot of work and dedication. To get such a massive physique Markus always makes sure that he trains with heavy weights during his training session.
During his training sessions, Markus makes sure that he first listens to his body’s signals to decide which workout would be best at that given moment
When he is hitting the weight he makes sure that every repetition counts and this enables him to put enough stress on his muscles.
Below is Markus Ruhl’s workout routine;
- Hammer strength chest press- (5 sets of 8-15 reps)
- Incline smith machine bench press- (5 sets of 10-15 reps)
- Standing cable chest fly- (5 sets of 10-15 reps)
- Push-ups- (5 sets of 15-20 reps)
- Pec deck machine- (5 sets of 15 reps)
- Wide grip lat pulldowns- (5 sets of 8-12 reps)
- Single-arm machine row- (5 sets of 10-15 reps)
- Hammer strength lat pulldowns- (5 sets of 10-15 reps)
- Bent over barbell rows- (5 sets of 8-12 reps)
- Single-arm dumbbell rows- (5 sets of 8-12 reps)
- Smith machine overhead press- (5 sets of 10-15 reps)
- Reverse pec deck machine- (5 sets of 12-15 reps)
- Lying cable upright row- (5 sets of 12-15 reps)
- Single-arm cable lateral raises- (5 sets of 10-15 reps)
- Standing smith machine shrugs- (5 sets of 15-20 reps)
- Seated leg extensions- (5 sets of 10-15 reps)
- Leg press- (8 sets of 6-15 reps)
- Hack squat machine- (5 sets of 8-12 reps)
- Lying hamstring curls- (5 sets of 10-15 reps)
- Single-leg leg press machine- (5 sets of 10-15 reps)
- Seated calf raises- (5 sets of 15-20 reps)
- Standing calf raises- (5 sets of 15-20 reps)
- Single-arm dumbbell curls- (5 sets of 10-15 reps)
- Cable triceps pushdowns- (5 sets of 10-15 reps)
- Single-arm machine preacher curls- (5 sets of 10-15 reps)
- Machine triceps pushdowns- (5 sets of 10-15 rep)
Before starting his intense workout program, Markus Ruhl makes sure to have a proper warm-up to his body mostly to the muscle groups he is going to train. This enables his body to be ready for intense workouts.
When he is done with his workouts, Markus performs a cool-down routine which consists of stretching and relaxing his muscles which helps him in preventing injuries.
Markus Ruhl’s Deit Plan
To look huge, Markus eats huge meals. But he makes sure that he eats healthy and nutritious whole food items not crap food. He stated in his own words;
“Eat crap and you will look like crap. It’s not easy to eat so much good food all the time, but this is what it takes to get huge. Unless you do this, don’t bother wasting your time training hard, or else it will just be for nothing.”
Markus makes it a point to change food in his diet plan from time to time in order to get a balanced diet, but foods like eggs, rice, chicken, and meat are always a must in his nutrition plan.
His macros keep on changing according to his training goals, but he usually consumes 600 grams of carbs and 500 grams of protein to maintain his massive size. His caloric intake is around 7000 calories a day.
Here is Markus Ruhl’s daily diet plan in detail;
Meal 1- Breakfast
- 6 whole eggs
- 3 cups egg whites
- 2 cups oatmeal
Meal 2- Lunch
- 10-12 ounces of chicken breast
- 3 cups brown rice
Meal 3- Post-workout meal
- 3 scoops of whey protein
- 2 bananas
Meal 4- Evening snack
- 10-12 ounces of steak
- 3 cups white rice
Meal 5- Dinner
- 10-12 ounces of chicken breast
- 3 cups sweet potato
Markus Ruhl’s diet plan is different from other bodybuilders, most other bodybuilders prefer having 6 to 7 tiny meals in a day but Markus prefers 5 to 6 large meals.
This is because to keep his huge physique he needs to fuel it with a lot of healthy and nutritious calories and this is only possible by eating huge meals that he takes daily.
To keep himself hydrated Markus ensures to drink plenty of water and energy drinks every day mostly before hitting the gym.
Markus Ruhl’s Supplements
Markus Ruhl takes the following supplements to help fuel his gains;
- Whey protein
Well, that’s all we have for you about Markus Ruhl’s workout routine and diet plan. But you should remember this it takes a lot of work and dedication to build a massive physique like that of Markus.
So if you want to build a physique like his you put that in mind and remember consistency is everything if you want to see results.
You can use this post as a reference to structure your own workout program and nutrition plan. It will definitely help you transform your physique to the next level.