Get all the facts about the Indian actor, film producer, and television personality Shah Rukh Khan’s workout routine and diet plan, and also find out how he transformed his physique when he was in his early 40s.
Shah Rukh Khan also known as the initial SRK was born on November 2, 1965, in New Delhi. He has appeared in more than 80 films and also won different notable accolades. Shah is also considered one of the world’s most successful film stars.
Besides his fantastic acting career, Shah Rukh also sports a lean and toned physique that is admired and inspires most of his fans to start hitting the gym.
So within this post, we will be giving all the details about Shah Rukh Khan’s workout routine and diet plan that enables him to stay in great shape throughout the year. Just keep reading on.
Shah Rukh Khan’s Workout Routine
Shah Rukh has always been active from the days when he was still in school. He played different sports like cricket, football, and hockey. His love for sports has never declined even when he is a grown man he still plays football and hockey with his children. This in return impacts positively his fitness levels.
Shah Rukh Khan’s workout program consists of rehab workouts, strength training, and cardio. He trains 5 times a week and his workout sessions last around 60 to 90 minutes.
Shah Rukh Khan’s workout routine is mostly focused on keeping his body fit and in great shape. But when he is required to build a physique for a certain movie character he makes some modifications to his training routine.
Shah Rukh trains under the supervision of a famous celebrity trainer called Prashant Sawant who guides him in building the physique required for specific movie roles. He also takes care of Shah’s overall fitness levels.
Now let’s look at Shah Rukh Khan’s training styles in detail that play an important role in his workout routine;
Shah Rukh’s lean and toned physique has been a result of following an intense weight training program. He normally lifts light to moderate weights with a higher number of reps.
Just like Aamir Khan, also SRK follows a traditional bro-split approach where he trains each of his muscle groups once a week. Below is a detailed overview of Shah Rukh Khan’s weekly workout split;
Monday- Chest, and triceps
- Barbell bench press- (4 sets of 10-12 reps)
- Incline chest flys- (4 sets of 12 reps)
- Standard pushups- (4 sets of AMRAP)
- Cable tricep pushdowns- (3 sets of 10 reps)
- Rope overhead extensions- (3 sets of 10 reps)
- Dumbbell kickbacks- (3 sets of 10 reps)
- Incline dumbbell press- (3 sets of 10-12 reps)
- Cable crossovers- (3 sets of 10-15 reps)
- Incline svend press- (3 sets of 10 reps)
- Bench dips- (3 sets of 20-25 reps)
- Pushups- (3 sets of 15-20 reps)
- Plank to push-ups- (3 sets of 5 reps)
Tuesday- Back and biceps
- Barbell/T-bar rows- (4 sets of 10-12 reps)
- Face pulls- (4 sets of 12-15 reps)
- Dumbbell pullover- (4 sets of AMRAP)
- Barbell curls- (3 sets of 10-12 reps)
- Hammer curls- (3 sets of 10-12 reps)
- Dumbbell curls- (4 sets of AMRAP)
- Lat pulldowns (pronated grip)- (3 sets of 10 reps)
- Cable straight-arm pushdowns- (3 sets of 10 reps)
- Machine preacher curls- (3 sets of 15 reps)
- Standard plank- (3 sets of 60 seconds)
- Kettlebell deadlifts- (3 sets of 20 reps)
- Chin-ups- (3 sets of 10 reps)
- Hanging leg raises- (4 sets of 20 reps)
- V-ups- (4 sets of 20 reps)
- L-sit holds– (4 sets of 30 seconds)
- Lying leg raises- (3 sets of 25 reps)
- Scissor kicks- (3 sets of 30 reps)
- Superman hold– (3 sets of 30 seconds)
- Weighted planks- (3 sets of 60 seconds)
- Standard push-ups- (3 sets of AMRAP)
- Battle ropes- (3 sets of 60 seconds)
- Arnold press- (4 sets of 10-12 reps)
- Front raises- (4 sets of 12-15 reps)
- Dumbbell/kettlebell upright rows- (3 sets of 10-12 reps)
- Barbell shrugs- (3 sets of 10-15 reps)
- Dumbbell shrugs- (3 sets of 10-12 reps)
- Power cleans (with light dumbbells or empty barbells)- (3 sets of AMRAP)
- Machine overhead press- (3 sets of 10 reps)
- Lateral raises- (3 sets of 10-12 reps)
- Bent-over fly- (3 sets of 10-12 reps)
- Dumbbell snatch- (5 sets of 10 reps)
- Kettlebell swings- (5 sets of 20 reps)
Friday- Legs, calves, and blowout
- Goblet squats- (4 sets of 12-15 reps)
- Plyometric lunges- (4 sets of 10-12 reps each)
- Wall sits- (4 sets till failure)
- Leg press- (3 sets of 10-12 reps)
- Calf raises on a leg press machine- (3 sets of 10-12 reps)
- Standing or seated calf raises- (3 sets of 10-12 reps)
- Bulgarian split squats- (3 sets of 10-12 reps)
- Hip thrusts- (3 sets of 10-12 reps)
- Jump squats or box jumps- (3 sets of 20 reps)
- Wall balls- (2 sets of 10 reps)
- Dumbbell Romanian deadlifts- (2 sets of 5 reps)
Saturday and Sunday- Rest
When he takes his rest days on weekends, Shah Rukh doesn’t just seat his but off. He ensures to stay active by playing some sports with his children.
Shah Rukh performs cardio to keep his body lean, toned, and athletic. He includes exercises like running, jogging, walking, cycling, etc in his cardio routine.
When he needed to look extremely lean for a certain film role or photo shoot. He relies on HIIT to burn excess fat from his body and to look more ripped and muscular.
Since SRK has been in the movie industry for almost 30 years, it is hard to avoid certain injuries in his line of duty. So including an element of rehab workout in his training routine helps him contain the injuries and they dont get worse.
By performing rehab workout Shah Rukh is able to keep his body in great condition and this enables him to perform more action roles.
Shah Rukh Khan’s Diet Plan
When it comes to his diet, Shah Rukh ensures he always stays disciplined by sticking to his diet plan. He avoids bad eating habits, and he doesn’t usually have cheat meals.
Shah Rukh Khan’s diet plan contains a higher portion of proteins and a lower portion of carbs. He hardly eats food items that contain fats in them. His diet plan includes food items like legumes, egg whites, non-fat milk, lean cuts of meat, skinless chicken, fresh fruits, raw veggies, and sources of complex carbs like oats or brown rice.
Shah Rukh consumes 3 major meals a day, and below is a detailed overview of Shah Rukh Khan’s diet plan;
Meal 1- Breakfast
- Fruit juice
Meal 2- Lunch
- Skinless chicken
Meal 3- Dinner
- Green salad
- Raw veggies
- Protein shake/bar
Staying hydrated is crucial
Shah Rukh drinks plenty of water throughout the day to keep his body hydrated. He also likes taking fruit juice and coconut water. This also improves his hair and skin health.
Shah Rukh Khan’s Supplements
Shah Rukh Khan takes the following supplement to help fuel his gains;
- Whey protein
So, that’s all about Shah Rukh Khan’s workout routine and diet plan. If you want to get in shape and fit like the famous Bollywood actor you can go ahead and use the info in this post as a reference to design your own workout and nutrition plan based on your fitness level and training experience.
When you are done getting that routine remember to stay consistent and be patient because that is how you will be able to see results from your hard work.