Aamir Khan’s Workout Routine and Diet Plan
Grab all the details of the Indian actor, film director, and producer Aamir Khan’s workout routine and diet plan, and also find out how he transformed his physique from fat to fit.
His full name is Mohammed Aamir Hussain Khan he was born on March 14, 1965, in Bombay. He is a famous Bollywood actor who has won multiple awards for his amazing acting performance.
Khan has starred in different notable Indian films like Raja Hindustani, Dil, Sarfarosh, etc.
Besides his fantastic acting career, Aamir Khan also inspired most of his fans a few years ago when he transformed from being fat to fit. Most of his fans are wondering what workout routine and nutrition plan enabled him to be successful.
Well, if you’re one of his fans with that same desire then you’re on the right post because we will be giving you all the details about Aamir Khan’s workout routine and diet plan that he followed and transformed his physique. Just keep reading.
Aamir Khan’s Workout Routine
When he was in his early 40s, Aamir was required to build a physique for a certain movie role. And when he went into the transformation process of his physique he fell in love with it.
From then onwards he appeared in many films where he was required to be shirtless and his fans were impressed by his muscular and lean physique.
Aamir Khan’s workout program consists of weight training and cardio. The former enables him to put on lean muscle mass on his body, whereas the latter helps to keep his overall body fat low.
Normally, Aamir hits the gym 4 to 5 times a week. But when he is preparing for a certain movie role he increases his training days to days a week. This shows how he is disciplined and dedicated when it comes to building a great physique.
You might also like; Vidyut Jamwal’s Workout Routine and Diet Plan
Aamir Khan includes the following training styles in his workout program to keep himself fit and in great shape;
It is obvious that weight training plays an important role in Aamir Khan’s workout program. After all, that’s what gives his body a muscular and lean appearance.
When it comes to his weight-training workout styles, Aamir follows a traditional split-bro approach. This approach enables him to train each of his muscle groups only once a week. Below his weekly training split has been provided in detail let’s have a look at it;
Monday- Chest, and Triceps
- Barbell bench press- (4 sets of 8-12 reps)
- Incline dumbbell press- (4 sets of 8-12 reps)
- Dumbbell flys- (4 sets of 12-15 reps)
- Parallel bar dips- (4 sets of 10-12 reps)
- Pullovers- (4 sets of 8-12 reps)
- Skull crushers- (4 sets of 12-15 reps)
- Cable pushdowns- (4 sets of 12-15 reps)
Tuesday- Back and biceps
- Pull-ups- (3 sets of AMRAP)
- Lat Pulldowns- (3 sets of 8-12 reps)
- T-bar rows- (4 sets of 8-12 reps)
- Seated cable rows- (4 sets of 12-15 reps)
- Dumbbell curls- (4 sets of 8-12 reps)
- Machine preacher curls- (4 sets of 10-12 reps)
- Wrist curls- (4 sets of 12-15 reps)
- Seated dumbbell press- (4 sets of 8-12 reps)
- Smith machine shoulder press- (4 sets of 10-12 reps)
- Lateral raises- (4 sets of 12-15 reps)
- Front raises- (4 sets of 12-15 reps)
- Dumbbell shrugs- (4 sets of 12-15 reps)
- Seated leg tucks- (4 sets of 15 reps)
- Vertical bench crunches- (4 sets of 15 reps)
- Stability ball crunches- (4 sets of 15 reps)
- Hanging leg raises- (4 sets of 12-15 reps)
- Bicycle crunches- (4 sets of 12 reps)
- Seated knee ups- (4 sets of 15 reps)
- Back extensions- (4 sets of 10-12 reps)
- Barbell back squats- (4 sets of 8-12 reps)
- Barbell lunges- (4 sets of 8-12 reps)
- Leg press- (4 sets of 8-12 reps)
- Leg curls- (4 sets of 12-15 reps)
- Standing calf raises- (4 sets of 12-15 reps)
- Seated calf raises- (4 sets of 12-15 reps)
Saturday and Sunday- Rest
To keep his body lean and athletic, Aamir performs cardio. It also helps in enhancing his cardiovascular endurance. He usually likes doing his cardio exercises as part of his warm-up routine.
So, before starting his weight training program, Aamir performs an incline walk on a treadmill for around 15 to 20 minutes. This gives his body enough warm-up and also gives it a decent cardio workout.
Also read about; Virat Kohli’s Workout Routine and Diet Plan
Aamir Khan’s Diet Plan
Aamir believes that it does matter whether your goal is to lose weight or build muscle mass, your diet will play a very important role to get you there. So every time Aamir is required to transform his body the first thing he pays close attention to is a healthy and nutritious diet.
Aamir Khan’s diet plan mostly involves clean eating. To maintain his lean and muscular physique, Aamir eats plenty of whole food items in his diet plan which provides his body with all the essential nutrients that it needs for growth and muscle recovery.
During an interview, Aamir was asked about his preferred diet, and he said he likes eating organic food items. This provides him with more energy and helps to keep his fitness levels at their peak.
When it comes to eating carbs, Aamir likes eating them early in the day. He tries so much to avoid carbs after 8 pm.
Aamir Khan’s diet plan consists of a higher portion of proteins and fats and a lower portion of carbs. He eats 5 to 6 smaller meals a day.
So now let’s have a look at Aamir Khan’s meal plan in detail;
Meal 1- Pre-workout
- An apple or a banana
Meal 2- Breakfast
- Green tea
- Egg whites
Meal 3- Mid-morning snack
- 1 glass of juice (made of fruits and green vegetables)
Meal 4- Lunch
- Roti (made from wheat, jawar, and bajra)
- Vegetables (cooked in olive oil)
- 1 bowl of curd
Meal 5- Evening snack
- Rusk and tea
Meal 6- Dinner
- Boiled vegetables
- Protein shake (optional)
Switching to veganism
Presently, Aamir Khan has switched to veganism. So he normally avoids animal products like milk, eggs, meat, etc.
To keep his body hydrated and reduce muscle soreness, Aamir drinks plenty of water throughout the day. He likes squeezing lime juice in his water.
Aamir Khan’s Supplements
Aamir Khan likes taking the following supplement to help fuel his gains;
- Whey protein
So that’s all about Aamir Khan’s workout routine and diet plan. It is very effective, so if you want to design your own fitness regime you can use the info provided in this post as a reference.
when you’re done structuring your own workout and nutrition plan remember to stay consistent and patient because building a physique like that of Aamir Khan takes time and dedication.
Ravindra Jadeja’s Workout Routine and Diet Plan
Hardik Pandya’s Workout Routine and Diet Plan
KL Rahul’s Workout Routine and Diet Plan
[…] Also read about; Aamir Khan’s Workout Routine and Diet Plan […]